- Our heaviest leather chaps ever!
- Made from 1.6-1.8mm cowhide leather.
- Antique brass hardware.
- Proudly made in Grayson County, VA!
These motorcycle chaps are made from 1.6-1.8mm weight full grain cowhide leather. We are the only company that can deliver chaps in 1.6-1.8mm. There is another company that advertises 1.6-1.8mm chaps. I ordered a pair and measured them. The measurements ranged from 1.3-1.4mm. If you order an item from us in 1.6-1.8mm, every panel on that item will measure somewhere between 1.6mm and 1.8mm. If you order leather that is guaranteed to be a certain thickness keep a caliper handy to make sure you are getting what you paid for.
This company also offers jackets in 1.6-1.8mm. I ordered a jacket and the jacket measured anywhere from .95-1.5mm. In other words, in places their jacket almost measured half of the advertised thickness.
- Covers Snaps, Zippers, Grommets and Seamwork (excluding liners) in our Leather Vests, Jackets, Chaps and Overpants for the original purchaser.
- Does not cover damage due to accident, neglect* or abuse.
- Full Grain Leather displays range marks and scars that make each item unique. These scars are NOT defects and only add to the richness and story of the product.
- The grain of each hide varies from animal to animal so texture will vary from one item to the next.
*Leather requires regular maintenance and care to remain strong, supple and beautiful.